Based on the fluidity of the changing telehealth policy landscape, the NRTRC will be forming a Policy Committee. State telehealth leaders will be convened by video to discuss ideas, successes, challenges and current state telehealth legislation to others in the region. The group will strategize ways to address legal and regulatory issues in the region, such as cross state licensure, regional interstate agreements, and hospital credentialing and privileging and reimbursement. The Committee will liaise with and utilize the resources of the Center for Connected Health Policy.
The NRTRC will continue efforts to address these issues in newsletters, webinars, and conferences. Several Advisory Board members have helped steer telehealth legislation and state-based rules through to enactment and will continue this effort as needed. A few of the goals of the NRTRC Policy committee will include:
- Convene state telehealth policy leaders
- Strategize opportunities to address identified legal and regulatory issues within the region
- Utilize and collaborate with the Center for Connected Health Policy on issues
- Collaborate on the key policy issues that include:
- Cross State Licensure o Regional Interstate Agreements
- Hospital Credentialing and Privileging
If you are interested in joining the policy committee, or would like to nominate someone, please see our NRTRC Policy Committee Form.
The NRTRC Technical Committee is made up of regional telehealth technology subject matter experts and meet quarterly on the second Wednesday of the month. The Technical Committee addresses new advances in technology, assists one another with technical challenges, and shares lessons learned. This telehealth technology community represents a pool of technical expertise that can offer guidance to those new to telehealth. Representative from this community will serve on the Telehealth Technology Assessment TRC (TTAC) national technical committee for technology.
A few of the goals of the NRTRC Technical committee will include:
- Regular meetings of technical staff supporting telehealth programs and networks in the NRTRC to share information on technical solutions, lessons learned, and assist one another with technical issues
- Report and relay information on the technology being utilized for telehealth to offer guidance and advice
- Serving as expertise resources for technical assistant requests related to technology
- Utilize and collaborate with the TTAC National Technical Committee, to learn about technical updates in the industry and equipment selection
If you are interested in joining the technical committee, or would like to nominate someone, please see our NRTRC Technical Committee Form.
Call for Tribal Committee Members
The NRTRC will be creating a tribal committee as a result of feedback from the 2021 NRTRC Annual Conference. The goal for this committee is to provide representation of the various tribes throughout the northwest region to include both American Indian members and Alaskan Indian members. It is proposed that this committee will meet quarterly and will include the Tribal Advisory Board Members. If you are interested in joining the tribal committee, or would like to nominate someone, please see our Tribal Initiatives Contact form.